Monday 30 June 2008

Essentiel essentials

So David was walking with his new friend from a french class in St Germain des Pres the other day and saw a shop which he thought I'd like. Incidentally, I did.

It's called Essential Antwerp, is based in Belgium however has some boutiques across Europe. The use of colour and texture is what sets this label apart, as well as the remarkably reasonable price point. As you've heard when I purchased my Dirk Van Saane cape, Antwerp is where it's at, producing designers like Anne Demeulemeester and Dries Van Noten.

So here's some pics of the jacket - which is called summer weight here but will probably only be useful in Sydney winter - courtesy of David, and the shoes courtesy of my new job.









I especially love the lining of the coat, the detailed work such as the internal seams are what make such habillements such a pleasure. Then there was the glorious happenstance that I could buy shoes in Paris, they were made in Italy of course since I cannot fit my fat Australian foot into slender French shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute shoesies!

Good purchases!