Saturday 5 July 2008

Hats off to Cultural Diversity - A Guest Post by David Henley

While ma femme was slaving away at work I thought I'd go out for a coffee and working session at our favourite cafe, when low and behold I ran into another festival of some sort. It seemed the perfect antidote for the mood I was in after finishing The Beautiful and the Damned by Fitzgerald. It was some sort of drum-off between various countries, with marching bands, dancing and fancy dress, one guy gave me two hands of bananas for free and after that it was all a blur.









I followed it to its source on Boulevard Richard Lenoir then followed it all the way to Rue Diderot. I think this may have been the Solidays that I'd seen signage for the last few weeks.







Most impressive, while not as rhythmically endowed, was the parade that followed, a line of green garbage trucks and street-sweepers making it all seem like it never happened.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Oh the sad fact of being amongst the lowly employed class. Just look what I missed!