Friday 6 June 2008

Best tea in Paris (or aix)

So The des Ecrivains is my favourite place for tea in Paris, though the real connoisseurs would recommend Mariage Freres or some other rubbish. The shop sells stationery and teas named after respective literary traditions. There's German romance or Chinese (since they're all the same) or French (same too).



(Photo includes tea, notebook and complimentary postcards which came enclosed in a purple organza pouch)

The "English writers" blend is China tea with hints of vanilla and caramel which I drank at an English language bookshop/cafe in Aix recently - thereby prompting my return The des Ecrivains. I visited the shop last time I was in Paris (i.e. four years ago). The web address lists the shop as being at 38 Rue Turenne in the 3ieme. This is a lie since the entrance is actually on rue des Minimes.

Anyways, the tea is delicious, the stationery exquisite and if you're lucky you'll get a free tasting.

No comments: