Monday 23 June 2008

Fete de la Musique

Especially for French Wench, whoever you are...

Here's the pics from my first fete de la musique. It's the night when the whole of France takes to the streets for music and fun, Paris is the pinnacle of course.



Our street early in the evening.



Hermes at the Bastille



Some Salsa music on Saint Antoine



Outside the Scottish pub in the Marais, this tiny woman was making some impressive noises.



The sky, did I mention the sun didn't set until 10pm?



Some preppy teenagers, dancing to drumming by the Seine



Bastille, or in other words, just at the end of our street



Our street

Incidentally I had to work a full day at the cafe the following morning. I was not particularly well rested but after having heard it normally rains for fete de la musique I was rather pleased at the previous evening's treat.

1 comment:

Alice said...

It's actually Liberty on top of the Bastille, that was a test and you all failed.