Thursday 13 March 2008

Live music scene

Tonight, after dinner we went for a little walk across Ile de la Cite. Took some photos of Notre Dame at night. It's far more pleasant than in the day time and in the photos I like the way the sky looks somewhat apocalyptic.



Earlier in the evening there had been some horns playing on our street, although we couldn't see them out the window, and we had made various guesses as to their purpose, We ran into the troupe on Pont St Louis. Their group included woodwind and brass sections as well as percussion and some dancers. As they played, they hopped about, passers by stopped to listen and cheer, but they seemed to have their own entourage as well.






Later on we saw them progressing west along the river. It was a pleasure.

2 comments:

Dell. said...

Hi I'm a lurker from Mackay area Nth Qld, Australia.

Love your blog and I'm sooooo jealous as you are doing what I have always wanted to. Only had a very quick visit to Paree of a few days...
Thanks...

Alice said...

Thanks dellrayne, very kind. The only reason I'm here is I said I'd do it and then couldn't back out! But there's definitely something exciting about the place.