Sunday 9 March 2008

The great Laduree debate

What is a Paris blog without a post on Laduree? The answer is a disdainful Parisian rien.

From their website comes this image of their delightful delicacies.



I admit that I have not tried all of the Paris macaroon makers but I can profess that Laduree's macaroons are sublime. The Diva is a small, vibrantly magenta explosion of flavour and an absolute sensation. The orange flower water is dainty and delectable (describing food makes me slip into alliteration, apologies).

While the storefront in the second is indeed grand it is terribly busy. Try the slightly more tucked away shop on rue Bonaparte in the sixth, here's a shot of their tea room.



Admittedly it's expensive, coffee is cheaper than tea and I probably wouldn't choose this venue for a meal but for an afternoon nibble it is sublime. And to me, the macaroons are worth every centime.

No comments: